Get A Beautiful Smile in One Day with All-On-4 Implant Dentistry
A healthy and vibrant smile goes a long way in our society. When you are suffering from badly damaged or missing teeth, replacing them not only has immediate psychological benefits but clear health advantages as well. While dental implants are the ideal tooth replacement procedure, the process can be time consuming and may leave you without a permanent replacement for months. Fortunately, at Belmont Dental Care, we offer the revolutionary All-on-4 implant procedure in Scottsdale, AZ.
What is the All-on-4 Implant Procedure?
Also known as “Teeth in a Day”, this is a revolutionary procedure that provides patients in need of full upper or lower restorations with the ability to have both the implant and the restoration placed in the same day!
Unlike a bridge, which can also be used replaces several teeth, this procedure replaces an entire arch of teeth secured with titanium implants.
All-on-4 vs. Traditional Implant Procedure
During a traditional dental implant procedure, three or more visits are required to complete the process. During the first visit, patients will have the affected tooth removed and the dental implant placed. The next visit allows the dentist to place the attachment site for the restoration and during the final visit the dentist attaches the permanent crown. Between each visit there can be a 2-week to 3-month healing period. This means that the entire process can take 6 to 9 months.
All-on-4, however, ensures that the patient has the dental implant and the restoration placed within the same visit! The efficiency of this procedure is possible due to the use of 3D CT Scan planning software that allows the dentist to map out the placement and surgery of the implant. Healing time is minimal and patients receive their restorations immediately!
How Does it Work?
The All-on-4 implant process begins with an initial consultation with Dr. Sandhu. During this consultation, Dr. Sandhu will examine your oral structures, state of oral health and review your medical history to ensure that you are a candidate for this treatment.
Once you are cleared for the procedure, Dr. Sandhu will take X-rays of your teeth and oral structures and will begin working with the specialist who places the implants to create a thorough “map” of the surgery and placement sites of the implants. This “map” is created with advanced 3D CT Scan Planning software.
On the day of surgery, the implant specialist will administer anesthetic around the implant sights so that you are comfortable and numb for the surgery. Then, the necessary teeth are removed and 4 (or more in some cases) titanium implants are placed into strategic positions in your jaw. Dr. Sandhu will immediately place the temporary restoration, which you will wear throughout the healing process. After the implants have healed and fused with the jawbone, Dr. Sandhu will provide the customized, permanent restoration that will give you a glowing, natural looking smile!
Benefits of All-On-4
This tooth replacement option is the ideal treatment for patients who need to replace multiple teeth. Below are some of the benefits of this procedure:
- Efficiency of the procedure- patients walk out of our office with a newly restored smile in just one visit. The length of the surgery takes approximately 2.5 hours per arch. Imagine a full, new smile in under 3 hours!
- Less bone required– typically, during a dental implant procedure, patients must have a good amount of bone in the jaw to support the implant. If patients do not have enough bone in their jaw, they must first undergo a bone graft, which can add on weeks or months to the process. However, the 3D scanning system seeks out the areas of the jaw beforehand that can support the implants. This makes it possible for patients with low bone mass to undergo the procedure.
- Restores natural function of the teeth and jaw– unlike dentures or bridgework that rests on top of the gums, implants act as tooth roots and are sturdier than any other treatment. This means you can eat and speak normally and with confidence.
- Restores the shape of your face– oftentimes, missing teeth can change the shape of your face. Even dentures and bridgework can cause the jawbone to shrink over time and change the way you look. However, implants prevent the jawbone from shrinking and preserves your face shape in the long run.
- Restores your confidence– knowing that their prosthetic teeth are permanent and completely secure boosts our patients’ self-confidence.
- More convenient that other options– you do not have to deal with messy adhesive creams or poorly fitting bridgework.
All-on-4 Implants in Scottsdale, Arizona
Here at Belmont Dental Care, Dr. Sandhu is committed to providing flawless and healthy smiles to patients in need of replacing full arches. He works closely with a specialist who places the implants and immediately afterwards, Dr. Sandhu places the beautiful restoration. If you are interested in replacing damaged or missing teeth, visit us for a consultation to see if you are a candidate for our “Teeth in a Day” treatment.
For patients who may not be willing or able to undergo the All-on-4 implant procedure, Dr. Sandhu also provides traditional dentures. He works with one of the top labs in the country to create a customized and natural set of dentures for patients in need of replacing multiple teeth. For more information on traditional dentures or our All-on-4 implant procedure, visit us at Belmont Dental Care or call us today at (480) 609-0050.