The need to look beautiful remains as an inherent human quality. Many people want to alter the appearance of their teeth and improve their appearance. This is where cosmetic dentistry comes into play. With more and more people wanting to enhance their smiles, the need for affordable cosmetic dentistry is prevalent. Patients of today want a smile enhancement that won’t drain their pockets. Here’s the big question; is there really such a thing as affordable cosmetic dentistry? Leading Scottsdale dentist, Dr. Puneet Sandhu shares his insights on affordable cosmetic dentistry options and what you can do to maintain the health and aesthetics of your teeth inexpensively.
Not All Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures Are Expensive
It often comes as a surprise to some people that there are actually inexpensive cosmetic dentistry treatments. All you really need to do is have a talk with your dentist. Tell him that you want a smile makeover, but you need him to work under a budget. With the rising cost of commodities, most patients want to improve their smiles without breaking the bank. Here are some affordable cosmetic dentistry options for you to consider.
- Teeth Whitening – This treatment is a basic cosmetic dentistry treatment. It is often regarded as a simple enhancement that creates a big difference in your smile. Teeth whitening can either be in-office or at-home. In-office is performed by the dentist himself while at-home treatment is performed by you, using the customized bleaching kit provided by the dentist. Both types of teeth whitening are inexpensive. Teeth whitening is a great way for you to make those pearly whites truly shine without spending a fortune for the treatment.
- Dental Bonding – This is another way to improve the look of your teeth without spending too much money. Dental bonding is, in fact, considered by many as a simpler version of porcelain veneers. The procedure is the same. However the materials used are different. With dental bonding, composite resin is applied, sculpted and molded over the teeth, to enhance their look. This treatment is great for chipped, cracked, misaligned, gapped, uneven and discolored teeth.
Other Inexpensive Ways to Maintain your Smile
Dentists often stress the importance of dental preventive care because it addresses two things: the health and aesthetics of your teeth. Here’s what Dr. Fleming thinks you should do right now.
- Brush your teeth after meals or at least three times a day.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Make sure you brush and floss properly.
- Pay a visit to your dentist every six months.
- Take advantage of deep cleanings, preventive sealants, and fluoride treatments.
- Do wear a mouth guard if you habitually clench or grind your teeth.
- Wear a mouth guard during contact sports or risky activities like ice skating, gymnastics, etc.
- Stop smoking
- Refrain from using your teeth as a manipulative tool.
- Do not bite hard objects.
Visit Belmont Dental Care for Affordable Cosmetic Dentistry
We invite you to come and visit our practice for affordable cosmetic dentistry. We specialize in teeth whitening, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, one visit crowns, dental implants and many more dental services. Feel free to book an appointment with trusted Scottsdale, AZ dentist, Dr. Fleming. Dr. Fleming will look into your needs, and then design a treatment plan that’s right for you.
Photo Credit: Identity Station